Sunday, November 2, 2008

Testing Montrail Shoes

Two weeks ago I received an email from a long-time friend's brother - Eric Groff - who has worked for North Face, Adidas, Keen and now Montrail shoes (owned by Columbia Sportswear) asking me if I would be interested in wear testing their shoes. Without hesitating I said YES!!! Even though my feet have grown a little, I can wear a size 9 (the industry standard for wear testing), depending on the model. I can't thank Eric enough for keeping me in the back of his mind when it comes to wear testing shoes/apparel or getting me apparel at unbelievable prices from the various outdoor gear companies he has worked for over the years. Thanks Eric!


Late last week I meet with employees at Montrail. The meeting was casual.....letting them know who I am, what I've done, providing them intial feedback on the Hardrock shoes from Wasatch 100, and trail running shoes in general. I saw familiar faces at Montrail - Craig and Matt - who both moved over from Adidas. It seems as though Montrail is putting a lot more focus on their shoes again.......they've become stagnant in product development and design.


I went away with a newer version of the Hardrocks, a stop at the employee store where I grabbed a few items made by Mountain Hardware (now owned by Columbia Sportswear), and a field test session scheduled for later this week at Forest Park.

No comments: